- emotions are the product of an inferior part of humans
- they must be controlled, suppressed
- they are unseemly
- feelings are neither good nor bad - they just are
- suppressing feelings will make you sick
- and they will manifest themselves, anyway
- feelings tell us what's going on within us and around us; each feeling
is a response to something
- fear: "this is not a safe situation; I'd better get out"
- sadness: the healing feeling
- anger: "someone has violated my boundaries"
- joy: everything is right
- compulsions, obsessions and addictions serve to
- keep feelings and painful memories below the level of consciousness
Character and Health: table of contents