(see helping others)
character: good vs bad
- evil is a force with an existence that is independent of anything or
- it must be overcome in children.
- adults must be always on the lookout for evil in themselves and
overcome it quickly, before it gets the upper hand in them
health: happy vs unhappy (healthy vs unhealthy)
- happy people don't hurt themselves or other people.
- hostility and violence are often reactions to fear.
- happy people
- have room in their heart for other people
- are naturally empathic
- know how to meet their own needs
- we treat others the way we were treated, the way we treat ourselves
- if you love yourself you will be able to love others
- judgmental people probably judge themselves harshly
- people who hurt other people are unhappy (and may be seriously mentally ill)
- healthy people are compassionate people
- memorized rules from without
- vs. a world view arising from health
Character and Health: table of contents