power and responsibility
Personal power and power over others are one and the same thing. Both
are achieved through self-control.
- people who have personal power
- believe in themselves
- are not crippled by irrational fears and self-doubt
- are free to help themselves and others
- maintain appropriate boundaries between themselves and others
power over others: control
If you do not acquire and maintain power over others you will be
controlled by others.
- people who need to try to
control other people feel powerless
- they believe controlling someone else will make them feel less powerless
- people compete with others in order to "steal their power"
- responsibility for a child
- you assume it the minute you conceive the child
- should be assigned to another if you neglect or abuse the child
- responsibility for a group
- given to you by the group, as a sacred trust
- can be retracted
- responsibility can't be taught
Character and Health: table of contents