fingering the first chords: the claw
- If you are new to keyboards (pianos, organs, synthesizers)
you may want to use what I call the "claw".
- To play any of the six chords with your left hand:
- put your middle finger on the middle note
- put your little finger on the left note
- put your thumb on the right note
- If you have large hands you may want to use your thumb and
1st and 2nd fingers instead.
- Once you have set your hand into the claw shape you can
just move it up and down the keyboard to play the six most used
- The chords are named for the note your little finger is on
- if your little finger is on the 4 note and your hand is
in the claw shape you are playing a 4 chord